To Our valued patients:
We are back in practice and all of us at Taschner Periodontics are so happy to see all our wonderful patients!
We are also still offering virtual appointments which can be requested through the website form.
We hope this email finds you all staying safe and well during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We are happy to report that we have now been safely seeing all of our wonderful patients since we re-opened our practice on May 6th, 2020.
As we have previously reported to you, we have instituted every measure required by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in order to keep all our patients and team members safe. We have also purchased several air purification and aerosol controlling systems that go above and beyond what the CDC has recommended.
We thank all of you who have come into the office for fully cooperating with the new safety protocols listed below. The new protocols including room disinfection and changing of personal protective equipment for each patient require more time. Because of this, we are seeing fewer patients per day. We know it has caused some delays and inconveniences, and we apologize for that. We are always working on improving our efficiency, but we run a little behind at times even with our best efforts.
We are heartened and so appreciative of all of the positive feedback that so many of our patients have shared with us regarding how safe they have felt coming to our office and how much they appreciate all of the measures we have taken to keep everyone safe. We love hearing from our patients!
As noted on our previous communications, listed below are the procedures you can expect when coming to the office. We appreciate your patience and cooperation with all our team members who are administering these procedures.
- Pre-appointment COVID-19 health screening: We will call our patients or send an email or text message with a link to our COVID-19 Pre-appointment Health Screening Questionnaire. We fully realize that this may be an added inconvenience. However, it is a CDC requirement for all medical and dental visits. Its purpose is to identify any patient who may unknowingly carry the virus and prevent exposure to those patients. This measure will help keep the rest of our patients and team members safe. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Wearing a mask. For everyone’s safety all patients are required to wear a mask before entering the office and are required to wear a mask throughout their visit. Please bring your mask to the office.
- “Check in” when you arrive. Patients will “check in” at the front desk upon arrival at the office. Although we will be “fogging” the office daily with an effective and safe disinfectant, there is no practical way to sterilize the furniture in the reception area after each patient. Therefore, we are asking patients to wait outside or in their car. If this is not practical, patients can wait in the reception area, being sure to social distance and use hand sanitizers.
- Only the patient will be permitted to enter the office. For patients who have been driven to the office, we request that the driver drop off and pick up the patient, rather than waiting in the office. We ask that the person picking the patient up wait in or near their car for a call from the patient or our office. We will make every attempt to make the wait minimal.
- Patients’ temperature will be taken at the front desk after entering the office and
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please use hand sanitizer after entering the office.
- Personal items. We will ask our patients to place all personal items that are carried into the office into a plastic bag that will be provided. Please leave large purses and briefcases at home if possible.
- Paying for the visit. If patients have not prepaid for their visit or have a monthly payment arrangement, payment can be made in the office with the help of hand sanitizers before and after the payment.
- Room disinfection. All rooms will be thoroughly disinfected with strong antiviral and antibacterial agents before and after patient visits. All surfaces will be sprayed and wiped.
- Pre-procedural rinse. Patients will be asked to rinse with a pre-procedural anti-viral rinse of peroxide before any procedure.
- Personal protective equipment. All team members will wear masks and any other personal protective equipment required and this will depend on their position. For example, the team members at the front office only need to wear masks, but the clinical staff will wear masks, gloves, eye protection, face shields, head covers, shoe covers and gowns.
- Containing aerosols. Many dental procedures produce aerosols which can spread oral bacteria and viruses into the air. In order to prevent this, we have purchased state-of-the-art equipment that will suction away the aerosol before it can be released into the air.
- Dress warm or bring a blanket. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, we gladly provided patients with blankets as needed. However, because it is no longer possible to launder these blankets safely, we have discontinued this practice.
- Bring your own music and headsets. For many years, to help our patients relax during treatment appointments, we provided personal listening devices and headsets. However due to the difficulty in sterilizing the headsets and devices between patients, we ask that patients bring their own phones, personal listening devices and headsets.
COVID-19 Patient Infection Prevention Fee. (PPE fees)
In order to ensure the safety of our patients and team members, Taschner Periodontics, has instituted all the preventive measures noted previously in this communication. Because of the increased costs associated purchasing additional Personal Protective Equipment, including high level disposable masks, gowns, suction devices, etc., a small fee will be added to every visit. The fees presently are $15.00 for non-surgical visits and $55.00 for surgical visits. This could increase, decrease or even disappear, depending on the ever-changing status of COVID-19 and the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control.
We are here for you and we are committed to continuing to provide the highest quality of periodontal and implant services in a clean, safe, and relaxing environment.
On-Line Dental Consultations
We realize that some of our patients have time, travel, and safety concerns. To address these concerns once we have all the clinical information from an in-person consultation, we have the ability to do teledentistry consultations.
If you would like to set up an online tele-dentistry meeting or have any questions about an upcoming appointment, please contact Taschner Periodontics at Periodontist Office in Fort Myers Phone Number 239-936-0635 or submit a request online.
We realize that this is a lot of information. We want to inform you so that you will be prepared for you visit and so you will feel completely safe in our office. The only thing you have to bring to the office is a mask. Warm clothing is recommended, and personal listening devices and headsets are of course optional.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Dr. Ronny Taschner and Dr. Jennifer Taschner & The Taschner Periodontics team